Hope is ONE! Joel almost THREE!

10:50 PM 0 Comments »
Well..it seems like forever since I've blogged last..obviously my two little munchkins are keeping me super busy..lol  Sooo- much has happened in the last 6 months I really don't know where to start..  In June we took Hope with us to Canada..she did great on the airplane and was such a little trooper as we explored Vancouver city, island and the Canadian Rockies..such beauty was to be seen everywhere we looked..we will definitely be bringing both kids back once they are a little older..  Joel stayed in TX with the grandparents for two weeks..we were really sad to leave him, but he did great and we will never leave him that long again.. Hope is now walking!  She took her first real steps at 11.5 months and is still pretty wobbly on her feet and falls often, but she is one tough little cookie and just keeps on trekking lol.  She currently has 8 teeth and I believe a few more are to make their appearances soon...joy..  She is eating solid table foods and is almost completely off formula (still takes 2 bottles/day but I'm "hoping" to fully wean her soon).  Yesterday was Halloween and we went over to my friend Lesa's house and trick-or-treated in her neighborhood.  Joel dressed up as Superman and Hope was a little princess (both very fitting costumes :)  Fun, fun!  Joel is enrolled in preschool at St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church's parents day out program.  He loves it as do I because it gives me some one on one time with Hope and is a great, Christian (most important!) structured classroom which is helping prepare him for the real thing :)  I am serving in the children's ministry at our local church (Hill Country Bible).  Joel is in my class and is getting exposure to stucture (and the bible!) there as well..  Hope isn't saying too many words yet, still a lot of babble, but she will point to things I ask her to while we are reading and uses some signs.  Joel's vocabulary has improved by leaps and bounds..he is nearly obsessed with the ABC's and phonics which is helping a lot with his speech (still much room for improvement tho).  I am so thankful to God for these two blessings and pray that they will develop into beautiful, Christ loving adults in the future.  Here are some recent pictures.  Oh, also, we *finally* got professional family pictures taken when Hope was about 7 months old..the shots came out really good (non pictured here) and I will cherish them always.

Her first Easter!


Look ma, my first tooth!

In Chinatown, Victoria, BC




Being silly in the bath :)

Birthday girl enjoying a chocolate cupcake!
One year old! 

Daddy and Joel chillin' at Lake Pflugerville
 
Spaghetti Fun!
Sporting a new haircut

So handsome!


Sitting on Daddy's bike..don't get any ideas buddy..










0 comments: