10/31/09 We passed!

1:45 AM 2 Comments »
So I took the three hour long glucose tolerance test and and thank the Lord we don't have gestational diabetes!  Nevertheless, I have taken this little scare as a wake up call to eat better...bye bye Ben and Jerry's :-(

Since this pregnancy has restrictions on traveling, activities, etc. we are going to wait until after the birth to have a co-ed "meet and greet" shower which Troy's cousins and a few friends have offered to throw.  We are blessed that my sister as well as our neighbor are giving us some of their leftover baby essentials that will help get us through the first weeks.  Also, our Sam's Club membership will be very handy for saving $ on all those diapers..  Most of the other nursery purchases, etc. will of course depend on whether it's a boy or girl!

As I sit here typing I feel baby kicking/punching pretty low "down there"...like it's trying to escape, lol...I googled and read this is pretty normal...I guess he/she is as eager to see us as we are to see it!  In due time my love, in due time... :-D

Here is a pic from the latest ultrasound.  We were surprised to see baby in 4D!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! Such a beautiful baby!

Karen

TroynRebecca said...

Thank you sister!!! I think looks like a boy, but is hard to tell...